Sunday, 20 October 2013

Belated happy dancing

I finished stitching the bell pull about a week after my last post - so that's about 5 weeks ago - but it took me another fortnight to block it. My scroll bars had stretched it out of shape and made all of the blocks rectangular. It's not quite measurement perfect, but I'm much happier with it now:

Fruit Bellpull, (c) Theresa Wentzler. Stitched on antique white Quaker cloth in DMC. The first photo was taken with the flash - the focus is better but the colours are bleached out a bit...

Taken without the flash. It's a bit yellow because of the artificial light, but I think the colours are closer to this one. Basically I'm not a great photographer and I should have taken these in the day time, on a sunny day, but hey, this is what I have! I LOVE how it has turned out.

Having finished this piece I felt I wanted to do a bit of WIP-busting, so next I pulled out Eeyore's problem. And finished it about a week ago - pic to follow. This weekend I've been finishing off the green cardy I started ages ago (the one with the uneven fronts) and working on gaelic banner. It would be lovely to finish GB before the end of the year, but we'll see!

Hope everyone found some quality crafting time this weekend - I did! Happy stitching folks x