Followers

Wednesday 5 March 2008

Stitch 'n', well, you know

Last night we had our second ever stitch 'n' b****h with friends from work. For the first hour we did plenty of the latter over pizza, then we pulled out our crafts. There were only 3 of us, due to general illness, but we had a fun and productive evening.

I pulled out Pooh and Friends Calendar, and worked on the November block (this sounds like I'm almost there, but I started with May (although I have gone back and done April).

Here's a photo of my progress so far:

Pooh calendar 9

I enjoyed the Octover square most so far - it was beautiful colours, and was nice to stitch - not too compicated yet not so boring as the pooh squares when all you do is golden yellow and red!! This square only took me 3 days (Saturday to Monday).

Pooh calendar 11

Sonia was teaching Chrissie how to spin - it was fun watching her concentrate, get frustrated then suddenly it clicked and she was really happy. Once she'd dot a little wool spun on a drop spindle, she had a go on the spinning wheel. At this point I had a go with the fleece which Sonia and Chrissie had carded earlier that morning - I got the hang quite quickly, but had to learn how to join a broken thread really quickly!! It was fun, and my hands are lovely and soft after all that lanolin.

Hopefully we'll have another SnB next week, at mine. In the meantime, Sonia and Louise are coming over on Thursday to make lace, as our class isn't running this week. Hopefully I'll have another photo of Margaret to share at the end of the week.

No comments: