Followers

Tuesday 26 February 2008

Stitching and lace progress

Well I had another crafty weekend this weekend. On the Saturday Sonia and I went to a Sheffield Lacemakers working day, and I made a little progress with mt Torchon mat 'Margaret':

Margaret 6

Sadly I don't have any more lace weekends planned until the Sheffield Lacemaker AGM in May, so progress will be a little slower over the next couple of months, but I am hoping to finish this in time for Ed's mum's birthday.

Sunday morning Ed and I spent an hour or so digging over our garden - the soil is more clayey than we'd first realised, si it was quite hard going. We persevered through a couple of rain showers, and got the area for our herb garden dug over. The veg patch is about 4x this area, and then we have all the borders to tackle - this is going to be a long job (especially with the wonderful English weather!).

On Sunday afternoon and evening I spent some quality time with Pooh Calendar:

Pooh Calendar 6

This is coming along nicely now, but it will be a struggle to get it done by April 5th. Thankfully the Easter break will send me a little more stitching time. I've decided to put off starting TW's Fantasy Tryptich (my new Monday SAL piece) until I've got a few more months of Pooh finished - but my fingers are itshing to get started, so I may well cave next Monday!

No comments: