Followers

Wednesday 29 July 2009

It's nearly August? Seriously?

Hmmm, maybe August will offer us better weather...

I'm also astonished to realise I never set goals at the beginning of the month, so I'll do that for August now. First, did I manage my June goals over the last 2 months?

1) finish Elliot and Buttons Wedding Day yes!
2) do the finishing on my Top Secret Project Finished this on Monday
3) work on FT yes, knight panel coming on nicely
4) work on at least one more WIP yes, WFS has had a lot of attention
5) work on at least one of my lace projects a little bit, but not much in 2 months!
6) maybe a new start? yes, you were hatched

Maybe I should set monthly goals and review them after 2 months more often!!

As you can see, I finally did the finishing on my top secret project. I finished it as a pin keep, and it was the first time I tried it. I am blown away by the results... I'll share a picture as soon as I've shown Eddy, posted it, and got notice that it's been received... by someone who reads this blog! I was so pleased with the results I really wanted to keep it, it's a good job they are really special friends!

I'm off to Edinburgh for 2 days tomorrow. Sadly for work, not pleasure, but I've just been told that the Museum store I'll be working in closes at 4pm. Soooo, what does a girl do on a late Thursday afternoon???? Yup, after a quick google search I found a needlework shop in central Edinburgh, and best of all it's just down the road from my hotel. This will allow me to pick up the missing DMC I need for YWH (he looks odd with gaps in), and have a good browse. I really hope they don't have half-day closing on a Thursday...

I come back Friday evening, then it's off to Birmingham to see some friends and Eddy's family for the weekend... it'll be a whirlwind!

Anyway, I need to set goals for August. Given work is AWFUL this summer (I left at 8pm last night, and worryingly this is gettign to be an all too frequent occurence), I'll keep it short and sweet:

1) finish you were hatched
2) work on waiting for ships
3) work on fantasy triptych

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip to Edinburgh, and have fun stash shopping!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Edinburgh!

Angela said...

Hope the needlework shop is open and full of irresistable stash.

Work sounds awful, hopefully it will improve soon.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Travel safely and get some great stash!