Followers

Monday 7 September 2009

Waiting for ships...

I had a lovely quiet weekend. Did some errands, watched Eddy make blackberry jam (all I did to help was wipe up afterwards!), ate lovely food, much from the garden, and stitched.

Mostly I stitched to Lord of the Rings. I didn't quite make it through all 3 extended movies in a weekend (a secret goal) as at 11.15 last night I decided to give up and go to bed. So I've got about 1/2 hour of Return of the King to watch tonight. I would have managed it, but Eddy and I thought we ought to watch 'Gran Torino' which was the latest lovefilm DVD to hit the doormat....

Anyway, with all that move watching, I had some serious stitching time. I was hoping to finish all the xs and bs on waiting for ships sometime this month... but I did it yesterday...



Then I started the beading. I've had my eye on some John James needles for a while, and was waiting for my last credit card bill to be issued before buying any... this morning I put in a humongous needle order (hey, it's free P&P if you spend £10...) mostly because they get recommended so highly but also because I really like the sound of short beading needles. Especially given WFS uses 6 packs of petite beads....

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

She's looks fantastic even with out her beads. Short beading needles are the way to go, so much easier to control than the long ones

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree on the short beading needles, I don't use anything else. The mermaid is gorgeous!

Angela said...

She looks great.

I love the fabric you are using, what is it?

wot said...

She looks great, I am about to finish Deepest Love and I have never done any beading before, wish me luck!

Dani - tkdchick said...

When I want to get some serous stitching in, that's exactly what I do throw in the Extended edition of Lord of the Rings and stitch stitch stitch!

I love the John James short bead needles, they're just perfect for beading!

Karin said...

I love the short beading needles - I think they're a little stronger than the short ones and easier to control. Your mermaid is gorgeous!