Happy New Year!!
Over the last week we've been pretty busy, but having lots of fun - we had a quiet Christmas Day and Boxing day at home, then headed down to Newark to see my family - it was lovely to catch up with everyone - and had a lovely evening with my old school friends. We came home yesterday for a quiet new year. I've caught a bit of a cold, so we didn't quite make it until midnight!!
I got some lovely stash for Christmas - Willow Fairy (DMC Flower Faries) and the chart of Dracolair's Noon Basking from Eddy, and some DMC thread in my stocking from my mum.
Before Christmas I didn't have time to share the photos from the Teresa Wentzler Christmas Ornament Exchange...so here they are:
Byzantine Ornament 1 by Teresa Wentzler. Finished as a pinkeep (fabric in the background used for the back). I sent this to Paula for the TWCOE.
Norwegian Reindeer by Scandinavian Stitches, I made this into a double-sided ornament with Swedish Hearts:
I sent this to Terry for the TWCOE.
These are the lovely ornies I received:
TW's Father Christmas ornament, from Melissa.
Peace 2009 (Sue Hilis Designs) from Natalie.
Both ornaments are wonderful, thank you Melissa and Natalie!
I also sent a pinkeep to Phil and Amanda a bit before Christmas, but never had time to share the photos (I occasioanlly mentioned this last Spring/Summer as a 'top secret project' as Amanda reads this blog!):
Blossoms and Blackbirds by Little House Needleworks
Reverse side - the border from Blossoms and Blackbirds, with my initials and the date. This was my first ever pinkeep, and I was really pleased with the results.
2009 was a busy year for me, but I achieved lots of finishes.
Medium-sized and larger cross stitch happy dances (9):
* Birth Band (for Monty)
* Wedding Day
* You were hatched
* Coffin Buzz
* Birth Band (for Hugh)
* Blossoms and Blackbirds
* Waiting for Ships
Ornaments and other small cross stitch (6):
* Golden tree
* J' taime
* Mill Hill Snowflake
* Byzantine ornament 1
* Swedish Hearts
* Norwegian Reindeer
Lace finishes (2):
* Milanese motif
* Bedfordshire heart
That's not as much as last year when I completed 26 projects, 8 larger and 18 smalls/ornaments, but I did finish one more larger project.
At the start for 2009 I had the following WIPS:
* Eeyore's Problem - made some progress
* Fantasy Triptych - made lots of progress
* Las Vegas - abandonned, stitched Wedding Day instead
* Peacock Firescreen - made some progress
* Phoenix - COMPLETED
So most of those are still with me! My current WIPS are:
* Eeyore's problem
* Peacock firescreen
* Fantasy triptych
* Gaelic banner
* Wild Thyme fairy
* Postman Pat
I did achieve most of my goals, vague as they were:
1) Las Vegas (wedding sampler for Jane and Keith) Stitched them Wedding Day instead
2) Postman Pat (birth sampler for Riley - nephew of Leanne) - started
3) Birth sampler (possibly 'Birth Band' by the Drawn Thread) for Monty (Michaela and Stuart's son) - completed
4) Possibly birth samplers for other friends, but I must try and chose small, simple designs - stitched birth band again for Hugh, and you were hatched for Thomas
This year I'd like to:
1) finish Postman Pat
2) finish Fantasy Triptych
3) finish at least one more WIP and make good progress on all of the rest
4) start another large TW
5) stitch lots, on what I want, and enjoy it!!
I've not picked a new start for 2010 yet... it's 4pm so I'd better get cracking...