It's finished!! I added the last beads on Tuesday night, washed it last night and I've just pressed it and taken this photo (not the best, but it's very dark)...
Art Nouveau Peacock Firescreen
(c) Barbara Thompson
Phynix asked where the chart was available from - Barbara has her own web site, and I think quite a few general online needlework stores stock them too.
I've picked up another WIP from the pile to try and make some progress. I started Eeyore's Problem by Designer Stitches ages ago - I'm not as keen on these Disney Winnie to Pooh kits any more, but this depicts one of my all time moments in the Pooh stories, so I HAVE to finish it - despite the bright blocky colours and aida fabric not really being my thing any more. I did a little over the last 2 evenings, and I think I've done about 1/4 of the cross stitch: