Followers

Thursday 1 May 2008

Assisi knot garden

A few of you asked about the Assisi knot garden. I bought this as a kit at the Harrogate knitting and stitching show in 2006. It's by Mary Hickmott, and I think it was first published in the magazine New Stitches. There are a whole series of knot gardens, all done in different techniques from hardanger to quilting! I loved the blackwork one as well as the Assisi, but managed to come away with just one knot garden for my stash - I did revisit the stand at the knitting and stitching show this year, but didn't buy anything - although I suspect I'll get the blackwork garden once I've achieved some stash reduction!

Kelley - it's nice to see you here. I've not been on Needle and Thread as much as I would have liked recently - how is your Above the Clouds coming along?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You may wonder why I'm saying this but Congratulations :)

Kelley said...

Hi Jo! My Above the Clouds is on hiatus until I finish my Royal Rotation of seasonal queens. Then when I get back into a goal-based system it will be a priority. If I'm not finished it then, I will OOAT until it's done.