Followers

Saturday 28 March 2009

A week goes by...

..and I didn't get much stitching time! For the last week my good friend Annia was staying - we are co-editing an archaeology book on late Anglo-Saxon cemeteries - so we were busy busy busy! We had great fun, survived on the great combination of tea, chocolate and curry, and actually did a lot of work! Because I barely picked up a needle all week, I don't have any stitchy photos to share, so instead here's some photos of a field trip we did to Undercliffe cemetery in Bradford with some of our students (Annia also gave a lecture on post-medieval funerary archaeology while she was here):


Don't blink!





Quaker graves in the foreground



Don't let the stunning blue sky fool you - it was perishing, we narrowly missed a few hail storms...

Tomorrow I fly to Chicago for an anthropology conference, next Saturday I pop down to see Phil, Amanda and Jack in St Peters Missouri, and I get back on Tuesday. I've packed pretty much everything, I just need to select a travelling project... see you all later!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Have a safe trip Jo

Anonymous said...

I looove graveyard pictures, and yours are stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

Hope you have a great trip!