I finished all of the xs on the Art Nouveau Peacock Firescreen this weekend. I took a quick snap before I started on the backstitch:
I'm pleased I had a look at the chart before I started the BS - it's done in black with TWO threads. I have to say I wasn't all that convinced as I started the flower in the top right corner. But as soon as I started the long straight lines of BS, making the design look like a stained glass window, I was delighted, and my faith in Barbara Thompson (the designer) was restored. I'm making pretty good progress with this so far - so long as I don't get bored I should get this done fairly quickly, which would be lovely.
In other news - it's FREEZING here. Well, probably not that cold on a global scale, but pretty nippy. I'm so pleased our heating was fixed last Thursday - it's on full blast right now, and my fingers still feel chilly! But I can't wear gloves and stitch, so I'll just live with it...
Thanks for popping by my little corner of the web - I love reading your comments, or just knowing someone stopped by and had a read and a look-see.