I know, I know, there was a happy dance sooooo close, but I just couldn't resist. I didn't have much time for stitching in the week. On Friday the fairy definitely WASN'T calling to me... I fancied some hand dyed fabric and fibres... so I looked at what supplies I'd bought in for ornament stitching and started Christmas Joy Needlebook by Cherished Stitches from the 2009 JCS ornament issue. I finished it earlier today - what a beauty:
Christmas Joy Needlebook, by Cherished Stitches
Stitched ob Sparklies 32ct Parchment in Weeks and GAST.
Hmm, the finishing into a needlebook looks a bit more advanced than anything I've ever done before, but hey, time to learn somehting new :) But not just yet ;)
Anyway, I also realised that I never reviewed my December goals... so here we go:
In December I wanted to:
1) work on my lace project hmmm, maybe for 1/2 hour
2) finish another WIP yes, Pooh and Eeyore
3) start something new started and finished stitching Holiday Peacock
4) do the finishing for some ornaments erm, no, didn't find the time :( - the only ones I did this year were for the TWCOE
5) do some quilting did the first square of Amish Star
Not bad, all in all.
So what for January:
1) stitch an ornament (yes, I've done that, but I'd planned to do one this month)
2) finish Wild Thyme Fairy
3) start Hedgerow Birds
4) work on another WIP
5) lace, hopefully...
Finally, Avivah asked what an ORT is - it's an old ratty thread. I had to ask that a couple of years ago, but it's a great phrase.