Followers

Friday 5 November 2010

Happy Bonfire Night!!

To my UK readers - have a happy and safe bonfire night. To everyone else, have a great night also, and ponder why us Brits feel the need to celebrate the date someone tried to blow up the houses of parliament!!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend - I'm off to see my folks (leaving as soon as I've posted this). It was my Dad's birthday 2 weeks ago, so we are going out for dinner tomorrow night. And yes, I have parcels for him in the car. I'm looking forward to driving down tonight - if the A1 is dark I should see lots of lovely fireworks, which will break up the monotony of the drive.

I packed Pooh and Eeyore and the Sue Hawkins pieces which I hope to finish this month, just in case I get the chance to stitch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we're celebrating the fact that they didn't actually manage to blow up the government, aren't we? :) Which is why people burn effigies of Guy Fawkes on their bonfires.

Sharlotte said...

Popped in for a visit from another blog. I see that you make bobbin lace. My sister does that and she's had me try it a little.It's kinda tricky.Very lovely stuff can be made from it though.